Re: [OM] Cleaning an OM300/4.5 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning an OM300/4.5 lens
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:39:48 GMT
Olaf,

The sun shade consits of two parts: the knurled grip ring on the near
end will unscrew from the main body of the shade.

Frank van Lindert.

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:14:46 +0200, Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi,

>O.k., so how do I go about removing the sun shade hood? I can't seem to find
>any way to do that. Also, the "ring" which holds the first element in place
>(i.e. the "inside" of the filter ring, where it mentions stuff like: "MC
>300mm Olympus" etc.) probably also has to be dismounted, how can I do that?

Putting a rubber ring (or a piece of flat rubber, like part of an
inner tyre, or a piece of coffer dam (dentist!) of equal size on the
ring to be unscrewed, to distribute pressure evenly about this ring
(and not pressing on other surfaces!).
For this purpose you can put another metal or plastic ring of the same
size as the one to be unscrewed on top of the rubber, serving as an
instrument by which you can try to unscrew....

This is as far as I have ever gone myself....
Frank.