Re: RE: [OM] Camera Bag

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Camera Bag
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:25:47 -0600
> Mail order will usually be less expensive.   Both Tamrac and Lowe are good,
> so is Tenba.  Tenba has good stuff, but doesn't advertise well (too
> engineering oriented as opposed to marketing, in my opinion).

Tenba makes the best bags.  Period.

But, when I outgrew my ancient Tenba2 bag (one comparment with a pair of
dividers arranged in a V; one outer zippered pocket;one open slip-case)
I supported my local camera shop by purchasing a very good (but
overpriced) Tamrac piece of luggage.

The Tamrac suitcase sits in my car trunk.  When I leave the car, I pack
the Tenba2 with whatever I think I'll need (it can hold one body with a
lens mounted, perhaps 3 other lenses, film and minor accessories - I
could perhaps fit another body without a lens mounted...but I don't).

But...if I still subscribed to the ad magazines, I probably would have
mail-ordered another Tenba.  The Tenba2 has a few minor rips and tears
ater 20 years of work in the field.

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213