[OM] OT Statue of Liberty/Camera Bag

Subject: [OM] OT Statue of Liberty/Camera Bag
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:47:27 -0600
--- Begin Message ---
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:42:19 -0600 (CST)
Denton, Kenneth, and Dan,

Thank you very much for your advice.  I should have been
more specific about the picture taking at/in the Statue.

My intention is to take photos of my kids inside of the
Statue maybe along the spiral steps or at the top (crown)
- if I can make 354 steps.  I got the necessary information
from the National Park Service website (www.nps.gov/stli)
such as photo taking policies at the Statue.

I was wondering if the OM-4Ti/24mm and the T32 flash
combination would work in that confined area and time
at the inside of the crown (Statue's head) and with
minimum fiddling with the focusing and aperature
rings.  I am also planning to carry a P/S (Oly Stylus
mju) in the pocket.

Since we are planning to arrive at the Statue around at
8:30am, I think we can be at the crown about 10:30am
(the park opens at 9:30).  I was wondering whether I
should carry the F280 flash instead of the T32 when I
take the photo against backlit children from morning sun
facing the windows at front part of the crown - assuming
the Statue's face is facing east.  I think the F280 would
better in this situation, for I just set the aperature
and don't worry about the shutter speed in Super FP
mode.  In what direction is the Statue facing, anyway ??
Denton, do yo know ?

Another subject I want to follow-up is about the
camera bag from the recent thread in this mail list.

I noticed the names such as Tamrac, Tenba, Lowepro,
and the Billinghams.  I have three Tamrac (shoulders)
and a backpack (Etsumi - a Japanese manufacturer).
I don't intend to carry any of I have right now
because of being a tourist - if you know what I mean..

I am thinking of getting either Tenba Traveler P215
the or P415.  The Tenba P415 is described in detail
at Tenba website.  However, there is not much information
on the P215.  The dimensions between the two appears to
be identical (L13.5 x H11 x W4-7") but the 215 is
heavier (3lbs vs. 2lbs with the 415).  Does anyone have
in-depth knowledge on these ?

Regards,
Jim Terazawa

--- End Message ---