Re: [OM] Lens Storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Storage
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:47:24 -0500
At 8:48 AM -0800 12/15/00, Motor Sport Visions Photography wrote:

So, keep the storage ideas coming. What's with this dry box idea? I
could conceivably build one in the upper corner of my closet I suppose.
Obviously the big concern is keeping that big expensive Zuiko happy...

Just scored a small fire safe (brand new) from a yard sale so all my
cataloged slides now live inside it. Getting there...

You might want to check the humidity inside the fire safe before
using. Don't know what the tech is now, but the older-style ones
use what is more or less cement in the walls, and those maintain
humidity at a level that can cause rust on unprotected steel or iron.
(My mother, who lived in northern virginia, scored a fireproof,
locking file cabinet from a surplus sale at a government agency that
shall remain nameless, and the former employee who helped arrange
delivery warned her about this.)

(I know, yet another complication)

paul

--