RE: [OM] 50/2 macro vs. 90/2 macro

Subject: RE: [OM] 50/2 macro vs. 90/2 macro
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 16:58:46 -0600
I have both too, and most of the time the 50/2 works best for close-up work
for me - simply because I'm often hand holding and the 50/2 doesn't require
as high a shutter speed for equivalent shake suppression. It isn't very
often, unless photographing live animals, that I feel I need the extra
camera to subject distance.

I did have a 50/3.5 once, and was  very happy with it's pictures, but the
nearly 2 stops extra light coming in through the 50/2 sure helps with
focusing.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx