Re: [OM] Please recommend parts cleaner/solvent

Subject: Re: [OM] Please recommend parts cleaner/solvent
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:19:49 -0800
I just used Ivory dishwashing soap, water, and an old toothbrush.  It worked
fine at degreasing the helicoid, and also cleaned the distance and aperture
scales quite well without removing the coloring.  Something like Simple Green
or Quick'n'brite would probably be a little stronger at degreasing while
still not damaging anything.

Mark Marr-Lyon