[OM] Zuiko 55mm f1.2

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 55mm f1.2
From: "Hank Hogan" <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:06:06 -0800
That Zuiko 55mm f1.2 is one of my favorite lenses !
Mine says Zuiko G on the front.  I guess that stands for G I'm old glass!
The yellow cast is noticeable and is typical of single coated lenses.
It has a 55mm filter ring size and I've used the lens for Ultraviolet color
photography with a Schott UG1 filter from B&H (BW403) and Fuji RTP64
Tungsten balanced film and Wratten 85 balancing filter for normal daylight.

Most of my UV photos are with this lens.

For macro shots I sometimes use the 7mm extension tube and the Vivitar
macro helicoid doubler. http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/puma.htm

My big stinky flower photos were with this lens.
http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/bsflower.htm

Buying used camera lenses reminds me of horse trading in the old West.
Check out the Nederlander's page at
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/lensgroup/55mmf12.htm

The 55mm f1.2 is a massive hunk of glass!

Thomas "Hank" Hogan
<flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/indexc.htm>