[OM] Batteries for OMs, was OM-4 Purchase (new to list)

Subject: [OM] Batteries for OMs, was OM-4 Purchase (new to list)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:54:03 -0800
Looking at the data sheets, the 303 is the same size as the 357.
However, the 303 is "Designed for use on continuous low drain" while the
357 is "Designed for use on continuous low drain. High pulse on demand"

You can really see the difference in the spec for internal resistance:
303 - Closed circuit voltage no less than 0.95 volts on a load of 100
ohms at 21C for 0.1 to 2.0 seconds.
357 - Closed circuit voltage no less than 1.30 volts on a load of 100
ohms at 21C for 0.1 to 2.0 seconds.

Clearly the 303 will be problematic in a camera applications where
called on to operate the shutter. According to the spec., one might
expect it to lock up with every shot.

Moose