[OM] Re: Very OT: Lusting for a Bessa R

Subject: [OM] Re: Very OT: Lusting for a Bessa R
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:28:17 +1000
Some interesting replies to my 'problem'.  Mostly yays and not many nays
(as I expected from a bunch of enablers like you lot).

Sure, something in the Leica line would be very nice but anything decent
seems to be way out of my price range.  Anything that fits my budget is
getting pretty old and I certainly don't like the look of that unique

As for Wayne's question about what lenses I'd get for the Bessa R - I'd
probably stick with a couple from the modern Voigtlander range, probably a
35/2.5 Skopar and a 75/2.5 Heliar.  Leica glass would be nice but it would
have to be at the right price (unlikely) and I'd want it to be
rangefinder-coupled.

Also, a Bessa-L with the 15mm lens sounds strangely attractive.

I found a few Russian Zorki and Fed on oboy and yeah, they are going
cheap.  Maybe I could get one just to see what the fuss is about but I
don't feel drawn to them like I do to the Bessa.

I like the fact the Bessa is NEW.  And it'd have to be a black one.

And yes Bill, I have thought about an old Bessa 6x9 as well.  Sigh...I'm
hopeless.

I'll let you all know when she arrives, I'm off to talk turkey with Mr. Gandy.

Andrew McPhee
http://www.dev-stop-fix.com/