[OM] Re: Printers R1900 or B9180

Subject: [OM] Re: Printers R1900 or B9180
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 08:43:15 +1100
The difference is that the 1900 is a pigment printer. Consider
carefully whether an Epson 1410 dye ink printer might not be a better
choice for you. One of the advantages of the HP unit by the way is
not only the bigger tanks but the automatic head cleaning cycle
(every 6 hours?) to keep things clear. Otherwise you are advised to
run a print every couple of days at least. Dye printers are often
better for occasional users.
The cheap Canons are very easy to refill and if you are using one for
mundane stuff like CD's, letterheads and graphics, then cheap
'compatible' dye inks are just fine.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx