[OM] Re: Seattle trip and questions about the FL-50 vs. FL-50R flashes -

Subject: [OM] Re: Seattle trip and questions about the FL-50 vs. FL-50R flashes - also Metz Mecablitz 58 AF-1
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:39:08 -0700

> Don't waste time on Vancouver. Yet another North American City.
For me cities are to be avoided if at all possible. That said,  those
who like what cities have to offer and can tolerate the rest tend to
like Vancouver. If you fall into that category then schedule another
trip and concentrate on Vancouver and the BC lower mainland. Given your
current time constraint other than a quick taste it's not too practical
this trip IMO.
> ..But the ferry ride through the San Juan islands is spectacular, and is
> itself worth the trip....
And I'd be happy to show you around. Nesting eagles and fox kits
guaranteed, whales a real possibility and of course a fine view of Jan's
island across the channel. Local brew isn't too shabby either. Ferry
schedule:
<http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/schedules/current/index.cfm?route=ana-sid>.
Accommodations are pricey (but you have real money) and are filling
fast. Circular ferry routes can be taken:  Anacortes > Victoria >
Olympic Penninsula > Seattle, or: Anacortes > Victoria > Vancouver > Seattle

Mike