Re: [OM] No flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] No flash?
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:38:47 +0100
Thanks Paul

I retrieved my Swiss Army Knife in between and shot this one in the EU
Parliament on Friday ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/p73zz5w
Severe crop shot hand held with camera perched on my extended arms as
high above my head as I could ;-)

Amities
Philippe

Le 20 févr. 14 à 21:16, Paul Braun a écrit :

> You can probably make that one work with judicious use of white
> gaffer's
> tape and/or a shart Exacto knife.... and a calculator.  And a working
> knowledge of geometry.
>

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:15 PM, <philippe.amard@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Trolling a bit - where can I find one that does 23.5 and 76.5 % ?
>> ;-)
>>

>> Sorry for any annoyance caused :-(
>>

>> Amities from Alsace tonight
>> Philippe
>>

>> Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et
>> Android - En savoir plus.

>> Message du : 20/02/2014 20:19
>> De : "Chuck Norcutt " <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> A : "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Copie à :
>> Sujet : Re: [OM] No flash?
>>

>> I don't like the "straight up" part.  That's going to send much of
>> the
>> light behind you and to the sides.   Possibly useful in some
>> situations
>> but I'd prefer that the bounce be off the ceiling half way between
>> you
>> and the subject.
>>
>> I piece of index card stock taped to the back side of the flash
>> head and
>> bent over slightly into the main flash beam will work well and you
>> can
>> control the flash spill by the angle and size of the stock sticking
>> into
>> the beam.  To make a more durable one use a piece of thin aluminum
>> stock
>> (about the weight you'd find on your clothes dryer vent pipe) and cut
>> and shape it as desired.  Paint it white or paste a piece of white
>> paper
>> on it.  Then use velcro to attach it to the back of the flash head.
>>
>> Dr. Flash
>>
>> On 2/20/2014 1:55 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
>>> Lumiquest has one bounce hood with cutouts that's designed to
>>> bounce 20%
>> of
>>> the light straight forward and 80% straight up.  So, it throws some
>>> diffused fill light to theoretically soften some of those shadows.
>> --
>>

> --
>
> Paul Braun
> Certified Music Junkie
>
> "Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Berthold
> Auerbach
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE