Re: [OM] Computer Suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] Computer Suggestions
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:36:14 +1030
On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 06:06:12PM -0500, Richard Lovison wrote:
> Hmm, my experience has been different. I upgraded two machines from Win7
> to Win10 and didn't have any issues. The only thing I didn't like was
> the unexpected second 3 gig download to upgrade to the latest build.
> We're metered using a Verizon MIFI and fortunate that my wife could
> upgrade her laptop at work.
>
> Richard

>From my customer base, results have been somewhat mixed. concensus is
that a clean install from W10 media is the best path which will not help
most people... :(

I bought a cheap Pendo 11.6" Flip 'convertible' netbook so that we had a
W10 machine in the house in case of customer questions.

Tina,

I can't say whether something like the Pendo  would be of use to you,
but if you're a windows user, something like this may allow you to do
what you need, it's all solid-state and only has a 32G onboard drive,
but has a MicroSD slot. Also has a couple of USB ports.

davidt