Re: [OM] A few flutterbys from Horn Pond Mtn

Subject: Re: [OM] A few flutterbys from Horn Pond Mtn
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 21:12:03 -0700
On 7/8/2023 7:26 PM, MICHAEL GORDON via olympus wrote:
Thanks for looking Wayne.  One link seems not to work.  I repasted it in below.

The T32 is light and convenient.  I can angle it down and typically use the 3
stop ND filter so it can quench in time .  I mostly use normal auto mode two
stops below ambient to help make the structural colors of the flutterbys pop.
The problem is the field of view of the flash sensor is much different and can
really be waaay off, but fIll is forgiving.

I'm not so sure . . .

It works most of the time and I adjust on the fly.  Have I ruined an otherwise
excellent shot by improper fill flash?--absolutely.

A combo of a little high quality continuous LED and TTL macro twin flash so
either could be used would be more elegant.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2017/i-XWB2HBG/A

Here, it seems to my eye that the fill has lost/suppressed textural detail.

Is that much yellow normal? I don't recall that in the ones I've photographed. It's there in your version, but more obvious in mine.

This particular T32 was previously used by Thomas Clausen on this list.

I wonder what Thomas is up to. We are still on his server. I spent a pleasant few hours with him and a couple of other now ex listees, last century.

Cole Slaw Moose