Re: [OM] Bubbleliciousness on the cheap

Subject: Re: [OM] Bubbleliciousness on the cheap
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 16:39:48 -0700
Looks like a definitive answer to a question I've been asking in my head: Why doesn't somebody make a cheap, simple bubble bokeh lens? I was sorta look to LensBaby or Lomo, but this looks fine.

Cheap enough to not seem like overkill for a rather specialized purpose. Reviews say it's actually quite optically good in the center, and the bubbles look as good as any. The advantages of a lens that's actually new are attractive.

Gripes about flare seem off to me; flare was part of the original package, and some might miss it. The old Culminar 135/4.5 flares, too. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/drmYXt2GHPYTdion7>

I'd likely get one now, but there's no low price option that would guarantee to get it to me before we board the big bird to fly to Boston. And . . . I'm not sure yet what Alt gear I may take along.

IMO Bubbles belong in cold drinks.
    Mike
    watchin' the bubbles in my beer :)

Ah yes, had a Pliney the Elder with dinner a week ago, excellent cod with wonderful fries/chips and the perfect beer, on a picnic table in mild coastal last afternoon sun. mmmmm.

Soon to Soar Moose