Re: [OM] Trouble-Bubble adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Trouble-Bubble adapters
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 20:50:19 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Little Toil, No Trouble Moose writes:
I would buy the Fotasy Copper from your link. CF of 36 in. on a 100 mm lens is
pretty good; then I'd use an achromatic C-U lens for closer. The Oly iS/L Lens
A-Macro H.Q. Converter f=40cm would screw right in.

Thanks for commenting.  It does have the adjustment screws and the price is
right.  The issue is the lens itself---"If you need an adapter ring to use this
lens, it is recommended to use an adapter with a centerline adjustment
function."
100mm f2.8 Bubble Bokeh – TTArtisan

Scroll down a bit.
Good observation on the Oly iS/L converter--not one I have.  I have a fair
number of achromatic CU diopters but not that one.  Your stable is impressive.
Your post prompted me to do a quick calculation.  With the CF of 0.9m, would
have a max mag of about 1:7.  30mm of extension would get quite close to 1:2.
My worry with the CU diopter is it might pop the bubbles.  My experience has
been the CU diopter seems to really smooth out bokeh, at least in general.
Fotodiox seems to have a helicoid macro adapter, but it is half the cost of the
lens.  Also, not sure it is "adjustable", but it does have screws.  The lens
seems to be out of stock for at least a month.  It is pretty soft wide with
very "bad" corners open but then that is not the really the point.
Still toiling, Mike