Re: [OM] EM-1 ii and "shutter shock" remedies

Subject: Re: [OM] EM-1 ii and "shutter shock" remedies
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:21:00 -0800
Hi, David!  Thanks for the reply. Nice to know that the elctronic shutter only does the "jelly roll" in extreme situations. I'm giving it a try. Not feeling the shutter movement in my hands is probably a good thing. It is a little weird not to hear anything when the exposure is made, though. I notice there is a blinking on the screen--maybe that will be enough.

Yes, I think I'm going to love the camera once I get it set up. It's just that when initially confronted with 80,642 settings, it feels a bit bewildering at first. I think the menu system was designed by the offspring of a Japanese designer who won the award for "most stuff in menus," and an American programmer with autism who won the "obfuscated C" programming contest several years in a row. And some of the goofy terminology is bizarre: a button is not a button, it's a button function to which you bind a "button task."

All that said, it's a fine camera. I'm sure it can do anything I want it to. I just gotta find the function objects. Ah, well, with freedon comes responsibility.  :-)  :-)  :-)

Now to see if I will succumb to Lens Acquisition Syndrome. That 12-40/2.8 is tempting. But I do prefer the fast, small primes, and I've already got them. I have occasionally used my >50mm Leica and OM Zuiko lenses as telephotos, with good results. Convenience vs. size and weight...

Best to you and Rose.
--Peter