Re: [OM] How does it look?

Subject: Re: [OM] How does it look?
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 09:47:05 -0700
At 2/20/2024 02:24 AM, you wrote:

>On 2/19/2024 2:33 PM, usher99--- via olympus wrote:
>>Thanks for the post.  You were buried deep in bokeh land.  I can see the
>>utility of the 45/1.2 for a nice portrait lens.Interestingly but not
>>surprising, the sample Oly 45/1.2 vs background blur the image at F8 with
>>gaussian blur was just a hairs breadth less nice than the shot at F8 with the
>>naturally produced f1.2 background.
>
>That's a reason I've become sorta adept at background blur. With Quan Yin, you
>can see that it gets trickier as there are more elements at different depths
>and masking them all would be a real pain. It also seems to me that one nice
>thing about these lenses is the smooth transitions from in to out of focus.
>I'll be visiting Quan Yin again in about three weeks.

Smooth transitions are what modern lenses are all about these days, at least
that is the jabber on FM.

>>I see you tried out the new dof control feature in PS which may not be as
>>good as what you already can achieve in PS,
>
>Depends on the individual image, I think. And then, the feature is still in
>development.
>
>>but also curious what you thought of the new bubble bokeh simulator in the
>>same set of tools?
>
>Just haven't had the right  image, nor looked for one, as I've been lost in
>the Bokeh Zone. I'll get to it, but no hurry, as I do have the TTArtisan
>bubbler.
>
>In the Zone Moose

Great testing and fine savoring of Bokeh, an endless conversation.

I guess I missed the bubble bokeh simulator, although remember seeing ... it
somewhere in PS. Does it just bubblizes point-like sources? I suspect it cannot
render Non-point bokeh like a true bubbler lens, nor get the funky transitions
quite the same. Here is my very bubbler lens, the Wollensak Oscillo-Raptar 3
inch F1.9. Can a PS simulator do this yet?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gWJAUL1ZKcVV4Jvm9

Not quite the walk around lens though.

I'm sure AI can do great things, but a real lens is my cup of tea, and much
more fun. Keep the Bokey coming.

WayneS