Re: [OM] Repro question

Subject: Re: [OM] Repro question
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Feb 98 15:17:11 +0100
On Ven, 13 feb 1998 10:47, Volkhart Baumgaertner
<mailto:kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Oh oh; seems I started some hot discussions there with my question.
Anyway,
>thanks for the advice offered so far. I am going to meet with a friend
>tonight who is lucky enough to have a b&w darkroom and has done some repro
>work before. He will also bring his Nikon (he does not have a macro lens
>either - used to specialize on shooting sports for the regional paper -
but
>he has got a few closeup lenses) - just how come I somehow don't like the
>idea of using a Nikon for this (am I biased? - naaa! :-))) )? Together, we
>will try to improvise something with the equipment at hand (in the
meantime
>I added a near mint 75-150 f4 to my lens collection, although this won't
>help us with this particular problem - I guess the 50 f1.4 and the 85 f2
are
>the most likely candidates). I own a Cullman tripod the center pipe of
which
>can be reversed so that it might serve as a primitive copy stand.
>I'll let y'all know what kinds of results we get.

Here me again!

if your friend has a darkroom you are done with the lens, as you can use a
enlarger lens. Of course you need an adapter. Before a friend of this list
sold me a used 50 3.5 I used to use ;-) an OM to 42screw mount adapter and
then a 42 to 39 (fujica) ring. On which setting I used to screw a 50mm or
an 80mm Rodagon lens. Then after setting f/8 I shoot with OTF auto or TTL
flash setting. The only real problem was focusing, of course.

In this way you'll never get any distortion of any kind!

Another way to use the darkroom of your friend is to use the enlarger as a
camera... a difficult task if you don't have either a chassis (a back) for
the enlarger or an ortho emulsion. And you need the lateral lamps, etc...
So this is an advice I *don't* give to anybody.

Marco