Re: [OM] the end game

Subject: Re: [OM] the end game
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Mar 98 20:09:08 +0100
On Mar, 17 mar 1998 14:21, Ian M. Stewart <mailto:ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>I have read somewhere that the standard colour print process is only good
>for 30 years, prints _and_ negatives.  Trannies are better, but does
anyone
>know how much?  Anyway colour does not have the life expectancy of the old
>B & W as you may expect. :-(

Good old 'chromes are the best, they are said to live for 50 years, but
this is true if you keep them in darkness and never project.

Modern professional films do endure projection better.

The only way for mantaining colors for ages is color separation on lith
film. Another way for saving a slide for grandsons may be
Cibachrome/Ilfochrome printing.

Marco
mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx