[OM] Was OM2000 in Europe, now Happy Bushes for Easter

Subject: [OM] Was OM2000 in Europe, now Happy Bushes for Easter
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 17:53:18 +0100
>Richard "Orang Jerman Bukan Bisnis" wrote:
>
>> "Beter een OM in de hand dan tien in de winkel."
>> Hans, what are "tien"?
>
>"Tien" is ten, and "winkel" is shop. Better one OM in the hand than ten
>in the shop - it was just my little variation on the Dutch proverb
>"Beter een vogel in de hand dan tien in de lucht" - Better one bird in
>the hand than ten in the air -, meaning one should be content with the
>things one has and not reach out for the impossible, like an OM-3Ti.
>

>P.S. I'm off for a long Easter weekend and hope I don't find sOMe 2000
>"PvT yes - PvT no" or similar messages in my mailbox when I return. I'm
>sure we all have better things to do, this weekend. Like things we all
>like. Like, maybe, OM-photographing?

We use the word winkel to mean todger here in the UK.  Todger is of course
the same thing as a .... well you get the drift.  Anyway this sounded
rather painful, so I'll have the one in the hand thank you.

Our saying here in the UK is an OM in the hand is worth two in the bush -
those two presumably belonging to people such as John and Ulf out looking
for birds....

Hmmmm... maybe it's time for a holiday - have a great Easter everyone.

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com