Re: [OM] Focusing Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing Screens
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 22:14:38 -0400
Marco Tomat <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> cited to what

OMRobison <mailto:OMRobison@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>In anybody's humble opinion, what is the best screen to use for astro-
>>photography.  I can't see a thing through my 1-4.
>>

>According to Olympus official literature (thence *not* imho), *the* astro
>screen is the1-8. A 2-4 screen could be a good bet as a general purpose
>high quality screen. Maybe you need a Varimagni too.
>
>Marco

I bought a 1-8 screen just because Olympus "officially" stated it is the
astro screen of choice.  I was disappointed, very disappointed.  Now this is
IMHO, but the beattie interscreen beats the 1-8 hands down.  Its not even
close.  I haven't seen a 2-X screen yet, but I guess they are pretty good
too.  BTW - the varimagni does not help at all.  In fact, it makes focusing
more difficult due to the aperture mask built in it.  I tried it several
times and found it useless.

John P