[OM] The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery, Release 3

Subject: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery, Release 3
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 18:32:32 -0600
To all those who have waited patiently for the next release, my apologies for
making you wait for so long.  Release 3 of the Gallery is now on-line,
featuring a complete re-working of the underlying logical architecture (thanks
to some extensive prodding from Gary Schloss) so that, once you get to an
individual contributor's page, navigation is hopefully somewhat easier.

We now have 27 contributors under 25 subpages, and well over one-hundred
photographs.  Three of the newest contributors (in no particular order of
importance) are: Gary Schloss, George M. Anderson and Buddy Walters, and
additional photos have been submitted by Gary Reese and yours truly.

Some of this stuff's truly awe-inspiring.  If I felt the quality of my work
could have been improved upon before, now I think I should just burn everything
I've ever taken and start over again.  8^>   Oh yeah, all the technical
information that people submitted with their stuff is also on-line now (I
*think* -- if I'm missing anyone, or anybody wants to add additional info,
lemme know, 'K?).  Again, sorry it took so long.  My one remaining goal (other
than to keep expanding the Gallery) is to get some of our female list members'
contributions on-line.  Anyone know any way we can encourage 'em?

That URL again:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/

The amount of work submitted is getting to the point where it will soon have to
be database-backed to keep up.  This should be interesting!

Garth Wood

P.S.: The contributors at present are:

George M. Anderson
Volkhart Baumgärtner