Re: [OM] Install it Yourself Light Seals

Subject: Re: [OM] Install it Yourself Light Seals
From: "David J. Russell" <djr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 19:51:01 -0700
Yes, I ordered a light seal kit from Paul and replaced the rotten foam with
no particular trouble. Cleaning out the old foam is a job that takes a bit
of care, but a carefully shaped tooth-pick will scrape the channel clean.
Make sure the old foam bits don't drop into the shutter though.

Unless you are going to send the camera in to a shop for cleaning,
lubricating, and adjustment, I think it better to do this work yourself.

 Regards
----------
>From: kdunn@xxxxxx
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Install it Yourself Light Seals
>Date: Sat, Aug 1, 1998, 5:26 PM
>

>Has anyone bought and installed the OM light seal kit from the Olympus Guy?
...CUT...

>1. Were the seals easy to install?
>2. Are they of good quality?
>3. Does the seal kit address the problem I've described?
>3. Am I better off taking my chances with a camera repair shop?
...CUTt...