Re: [OM] Re: fuel prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: fuel prices
From: Dsamsara@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 09:21:39 EDT
The increased use of all these SUV's is increasing our nation's gasoline
consumption incredibly given that they get only about 12-14 mpg while the
typical new midsize to large car gets around 28-30 mpg nowadays.  This
increases pollution, wear on the roadways, and our oil dependence
tremendously.  Unless people really "need" an SUV (actually drive off road or
live in an area with lots of snow), they should think twice about doing so.