[OM] Received the 100/2.8

Subject: [OM] Received the 100/2.8
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 13:33:46 +0200
Friends,

I have received the Zuiko 100/2.8 but I am not too jolly about it. Now,
the lens looks great outside, including the front and rear glass. The
diaphragm are clean and it opens and closes easily without any problem.
What bothers me is that the glass just behind the front glass have some
dust on it. No one of my other lenses has this, so I am not sure how
this would effect a photo (slide, as any particle will be shown much
more on slides than on prints).
I am fussy about lenses so maybe you all think I am overreacting, on the
other hand it was cheap so I should have guessed...

Anyway, I wonder if any of you have any suggestion on what I should do.
At the moment I am thinking of sending it back and buy another one,
which will very likely be more expensive but probably much better. I
don't think I will keep it anyhow, and sending it to service will cost
about the same as the lens cost is out of the question.

Finally I would like to take the opportunity to apology for my many
messages on the Super Telephoto thread. The server was down so I thought
no messages got through, because of that I tried to send later with the
same results. Obviously some got through anyway...
Sorry.   :-|

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen