Re: [OM] New member + For Sale big list

Subject: Re: [OM] New member + For Sale big list
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 10:30:08 -0700
I recently lusted for higher shutter speeds when shooting the "people side"
at a local motor race.  The day was clear, sunny and bright.  I was caught
out with only 400 speed film, I mistakenly thought I had a few rolls of 100.
For several shots I wanted minimum depth of field to seperate the subject.
Alas, even at 1/2000 f/5.6 was all I could get.  I realise 1/4000 only buys
a single stop, but it would have been welcome :).

Of course, the better answer is to have one's film inventory and filter
selection right.  ISO 100 film would have given me f/2.8 in that situation -
wide open for that particular lens.  Alternatively, a polarizer or neutral
density filter would give a similar result.  I didn't pack right.  In this
case, lack of technology was no excuse for my poor planning.

John P
My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
everything you know.