Re: [OM] F280 Flash an OM 2

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 Flash an OM 2
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 22:24:00 -0700
Stuart Goggin <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> solicited the vast sea of OM product
knowledge by asking:

"Can the F280 be used in Fp mode on an OM 2.   Some of the comments in the
archive indicate that this is possible?"

No, the OM-2 in any version can not take advantage of the Super FP mode of
the F280.

"I would really like to be able to use flash for daylight fill in, and be
able to use shallow DOF.   Would the T32 be better at this?   I ask this
because I have the option of a T32 with Bounce grip2 for around $120 AUD or
about $80 USD, so if this would be a more usefule combination with and OM2
and an OM 1n then I might go for it instead."

I suppose there will be differing thoughts on this one.  The constraint of
the F280 is working distance as the shutter speed gets quicker.  To get
shallow DoF, we use high shutter speeds.  With the F280, this also means
your working distance can be less than two meters.  Maybe that's OK and then
again maybe not.  The F280 in OTF mode will work with the Power Bounce Grip
2 just fine, so there is another alternative.  It is not quite as powerful
as the T-32, but its close.

As always, a careful check is the best policy <g>

John P