Re: [OM] LCDs

Subject: Re: [OM] LCDs
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:42:10 GMT
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:14:54 +1000, "Terry and Tracey"
<foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Not too relevant for the cameras, but LCDs hate heat. If we leave a Fluke
>multimeter facing upwards in the sun, the display goes dark. So we turn them
>over and no problem.
>
>If they do go dark, put them in the freezer and they come back.
>
>Foxy

AFAIK, the estimated lifetime (on-time, I should say) of LCD displays
is between 5 and 10 years only. Another reason to take batteries out
of LCD equipped gear without an on/off switch when not in use (e.g.
quartz intervalometer, MD-2).
And yes, they hate heat (and finger pressure!) and it makes them die
even sooner...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht - Nederland.