[OM] 35/2.8 SC contrast sample

Subject: [OM] 35/2.8 SC contrast sample
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 22:05:30 -0700
Yesterday I was asked about posting a sample b/w shot taken with
my 20+ year old SC 35/2.8 which I found to be surprisingly sharp
and contrasty. I have some others, but since my borrowed scanner
must go back soon, here's one example:

http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/Photos/temp/New-1.jpg

This shot was taken at about 7:30am, with the sun just out of the
frame in the top left corner. f/11, OM-10 on manual at 1/125s
handheld, 35/2.8 with rubber lenshood (not OM). The print still has
plenty of contrast, even though it was printed at grade 1.5 on MG
IV paper. (Ilford FP+, ISO 100, Ilfotec HC 1+31)

I'll try to post a few more soon...

ps: Tonight I developed the second roll through my new Trip 35,
and was quite happy to find that all the exposures appear to be
very good, so my fix seems to have worked. This also appears to
confirm my suspicion that this camera does use the lower 1/40 sec
speed when required - as several test shots were taken in quite low
light and appear to be fine.

Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager
Shawnigan Lake School
swright@xxxxxxxxx