[OM] A request for our Japanese list members

Subject: [OM] A request for our Japanese list members
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:23:12 -0700
I know this isn't directly OM-related, so I'll keep it short.

I'm trying to buy (or find out how to buy) a Sony VAIO PCG-C1 "palmtop"
computer, ostensibly made *only* for the Japanese domestic market (which
strikes me as silly -- Sony could sell several bazillion of these little
wonders if they'd simply make 'em available everywhere else...).  The product
itself is described at:

   http://www.sony.co.jp/ProductsPark/Consumer/PCOM/PCG-C1CAT/top.html

I've basically fallen in love with it, having watched it in use at OOPSLA '98
in Vancouver, Canada last week.

Could the Japanese members of this list (or those of Japanese ancestry who
occasionally visit Japan) assist me?  Please contact me via private e-mail.

Oh yeah, Olympus content: if I get one of these puppies, I can work on the
Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery almost anywhere, anytime!  (I'm sure that
would come as a relief to some of you...)

Thanks!

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/