Re: [OM] Oil on aperture blades ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oil on aperture blades ?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:54:15 -0600
At 10:16 AM 10/30/1998 -0800, you wrote:
>I just got an 85/2 yesterday for a very good price. What a beautiful
>lens! Anyway, after looking at it closely, I discovered there is a very
>small amount of oil on the  outer tips of the aperature blades.The lens
>seems to work perfectly. I'm wondering if this is anything to worry
>about? Thanks, John.

Hi John,

Your very good price on this lens may have been based on the small amount
of oil on the aperture blades.  The likelihood is that sooner or later this
will impede the proper functioning of the aperture.  Should you worry about
this?

No. Life is too short.

Enjoy what you got as long as you can,

Joel