Re: [OM] Online auction editorial (Off topic)

Subject: Re: [OM] Online auction editorial (Off topic)
From: Bob Christopher <bc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 08:04:06 -0700
I've been tracking this thread all along. Doris is right on the money
when she suggests that you don't go to Ebay for "deals", you go there
along with thousands of others who are looking to acquire what they
need, want, desire or crave. It is frustrating at times but it is
ultimately quite fair since it is based entirely on a simple choice:
how badly do you want an item and how much are you willing to spend for it?

As for deals, nothing in my experience has ever come close to the fun
of going to a garage sale and finding a working XA for two dollars,
or going to a Collector's Fair as I did this weekend and finding an
Oly 35RC, two Oly Trip 35's, an Oly Quickmatic EEM, and a mint
Yashica Electro 35 CC - all of them working and all of them for
twenty bucks. True, I went back a little later and parted with another
$80 but that bought me another 13 cameras, 4 flashes and 3 light meters.
And who ever said Christmas shopping was a drag?

    Bob

  Bob Christopher                   Littleton, Colorado