Re: [OM] Memories and thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] Memories and thoughts
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:23:59 +0000
Matthias Wilke wrote:

>When I bought my first OM-2n fourteen years ago, a classmate also bought
>a 35mm SLR. He told me, that he has asked the dealer about OM cameras and
>that he was informed by the dealer that the OM-system is old fashioned.

what is so *bad* about things being old-fashioned?  Why is there this
constant desire for the newest, the flashiest, the grandest, the fastest....
and where does it get us?  More stress, more debt, more jealousy, more
crime, more road rage....  get my drift?

Wasn't the OM1 (the oldest and most basic model in the OM line-up) "the best
35mm camera ever" in the Buying Cameras magazine review, which was posted
recently?

Simon E.