[OM] Lens Test: 200mm f/5 with Olympus 2X teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Lens Test: 200mm f/5 with Olympus 2X teleconverter
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 02:50:50 EST
Here is the first of a couple of SQF test charts I did up this evening.  The
charts are best viewed with font set to Courier New.  I'll post them to the
WWW site: http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm
when I'm done with them all.

The 200mm f/5 with Olympus 2X teleconverter shows good contrast at f/16 at the
expense of lower resolution; remarkable lack of distortion.  Poor results are
perhaps the reason Olympus dropped the 200mm f/5 as a recommended combination
with the 2X Teleconverter (besides it getting discountinued).  Nearly
impossible to focus (a "Hail Mary" operation) even with a Varimagnifinder and
a 1-8 screen!  Clearly an emergency combination only and then only at f/16.
*****
200mm f/5 Zuiko (multi-coated) with Olympus 2X Teleconverter
Vignetting = B
Distortion = None!
Aperture  Center         Corner
f/5 (10)  F         F