Re: [OM] OM-2 repair

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 repair
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:16:47 +0000
I can think of a couple of things which might be causing the problem.

The first is dirt on the contacts associated with the ASA dial leading to
higher
than intended resistance - not sure if this would lead to overexposure or under
exposure.  It might be worth cycling the ASA dial back and forth 50 times or so
and
see if there is any improvement.  Also check that the exposure compensation is
set
to the neutral position.

The other thing that occurs to me is the stain visible in the viewfinder you
mentioned.  I am not an expert on the OM-2 so someone please correct me if I am
mistaken but I recall that the OM-2 may have a sensor for the meter, reading
off the focusing screen and possibly another in the floor of the mirror box for
OTF
measurment.  If so, perhaps the substance responsible for the staining has
obscured
the sensor in the prism housing.  However, if there are two sensors then it is
unlikely both would be obscured so Off The Film (OTF) metering should still
function
correctly ie. exposures 1/60 or longer.

Giles