RE: [OM] OM101 (OM88) help

Subject: RE: [OM] OM101 (OM88) help
From: "Cathelineau Thierry (UC-PN/EAO3)" <Thierry.Cathelineau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:41:25 +0100
        >I have tried this modification with the OM-101. My OM-101 has
already the
        >manual adapter 2 with two dials for aperture and time. The
modification is
        >simple, you have to remove the plastic cover and at the lens lock
pin,
        >there is a switch. I have insulated this switch with tape and then
        >reattached the outer plastic cover (be careful not to tighten the
screws to
        >much because of the plastic parts). So the viewfinder information
is
        >visible with Zuikos. But it doesn't work correct in the following
way: A
        >stopped down Zuiko doesn't behave in exact the same way as a PF or
AF lens
        >with regard to an automatic chosen aperture value. This means, that
the
        >preselected value isn't reached. The exposure seems to be done
finally with
        >ADM, so the results will be o.k., but you can't preselect a
aperture value
        >with Zuikos for flash photography for example. The Zuiko lenses
seems to
        >need a full movement of the aperture shaft to stop down to the
chosen
        >value. So I will remove the tape next time. The usability with PF
and AF
        >lenses seems to be the same with the insulated switch, though.
        >
        >Matthias

        I did experimented the same during last week end. However it may be
a solution. When a Zuiko is present, the switch is closed. The idea is to
add a small electric push-button that cuts the circuit established by the
existing contactor.

        The procedure to take the picture will be as follows:
             - set the aperture selection on the manual adapter and the lens
             - push the newly added push-button : at this time, the OM101
should behave as for the PF/AF lens.                      Check for the
right exposition.
             - release the push-button
             - then continue as usual

        At least this solves the problem that Zuikos need the full shaft
movement for reaching the selected aperture. The doubt is regarding the
behavior of the camera itself. Does it behave properly if the switch is
switch on/off while it is already on in the chosen mode? I just need to try
it!

        Thierry