RE: [OM] lens test: 35-70mm f/3.5~4.5

Subject: RE: [OM] lens test: 35-70mm f/3.5~4.5
From: "Angel Lobo Caballero" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:07:31 +0100
> Thanks for the offer of the 35-70mm f/3.5~4.5  Here is what's up.  I have
gone
> to Olympus America's Service Center in Rolling Meadows, IL twice in the
past
> two days.  The technician who was going to lend me his collection of
Zuikos to
> test has failed to bring them in as promised.  I'll be calling instead of
> driving there tomorrow morning.  If he forgets again, I may just give up
on
> any more attempts.  In that case, I'll again have to rely on OM List
member
> generosity to finish the project.
>
> This has proved to be a real pain in the neck for me, since I dragged my
> studio lamps 2000 miles to do the shoot . . .
>
> Gary Reese
> on the road in Arlington Heights, IL

Gary, I wait for your  test of this zoom (like for all the other lenses).
I think this zoom ( that I called "the little one") is one of the best
Zuiko lenses in relation with the weight, only 190 grs. One excellent
travel combo with 75-150 (and if we want, with 28 2.8). All in 49mm filter.

My question is: What think the members of the List concerning the feature
of the constant F number on this zoom from 5.6 (really 4.5 according to
Olympus on the OM System Lens Handbook) ?

Until we got your test we can remember the test of Modern Ph. in the FAQ.
And I can bring the test of Amateur Photographer from Oct.- 86.

On the scale  Poor, Fair, Average, Good, Very Good and Excellent.

OVERALL PERFORMANCE : Very Good.
CENTRAL DEFINITION: (70mm) Very Good - (35mm) Excellent.
       EDGE DEFINITION : Good.
IMAGE CONTRAST: Very Good.
OPTICAL BALANCE: Very Good.

Best central definition: f 8 (35mm) ,  f 8-16 (70mm).
Best overall definition : f 8.
Best edge definition :   f 8.

Ángel Lobo
CUENCA (Spain).