Re: constant aperture (was: Re: [OM] KEH and 35-70 3.5-4.5 Questions)

Subject: Re: constant aperture (was: Re: [OM] KEH and 35-70 3.5-4.5 Questions)
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:17:00 -0600
The Zuiko 35-70mm f 3.6 exhibits this behavior as well, even though it is a
"costant aperture" zoom lens.

regards,

Mahlon

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:39:56 +0100
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] KEH  and 35-70 3.5-4.5 Questions

BB wrote:

>  3) When the aperture ring is moved from 3.5 to 5.6 on the wide end
>  (35mm), the aperture closes slightly.

and GR replied:

:Is this what you really were trying to say?  You are describing the
:process of stopping a lens down.

No, what Barry described is the behaviour of this lens that when you turn
the zoom ring from the 70mm position towards the 35mm position, while the
aperture ring is not set at F3.5, you can actually see the aperture blades
close down a bit. This indeed looks strange, but mine does too. I've seen
this behaviour only once before: on a Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm/F2.8 lens.
<snip>