Re: [OM] Is this guy telling the truth...?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is this guy telling the truth...?
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 20:51:03 +0100
Hello Miranda,

Welcome to the list.

Your 85mm has obviously been in not too competent hands. That story
about too little space in the lens barrel is an obvious bad excuse
for not doing the job right.
The Olympus gear is IMHO made to be used, so accidents will naturally
happen now and then, but I do expect repairs to be made competently.

I checked the aperture blades on my 28-48 zoom and they move when
zooming. If you set the lens to 48mm and look carefully from the back
you can even see the mechanism controlling the variation in aperture.
BTW, I agree it's a neat little zoom. It's the only zoom I use regularly
these days.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"