R: [OM] Olympus FTL

Subject: R: [OM] Olympus FTL
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:41:52 +0100
A kind of AI indexing, many years before Nikon did. For achieving this, the
lens had to close at a definite point, called "the Olympus click" in Italy
at least. That click was the Olympus original apport to the M42 mount.

I think it is a good idea when we have to use M42 lenses. (an MZ would be
fine too). BTW the one I saw in my life had a Zuiko 50 1,4 very close,
optically, to the OM one. I believe many lenses of the first OM system
descended from FTL ones (and there are even Pen-F descendants, like the
100-200 zoom).

Marco