Re: [OM] New to the list, and a lens question

Subject: Re: [OM] New to the list, and a lens question
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:01:50 +0200
Sean, Welcome to the List!

You wrote:

[some snips here and there]

> Then I saw the prices.  Ouch.  I could go for a Vivitar that has
> more zoom range for half the price.  So the question is, "Are the Zuikos
> worth the extra money?"  This is, of course, a very difficult question
> to answer, and I am no doubt asking a biased audience.  I'm asking
> anyway.  :)  Are there places out there on the web or elsewhere that I
> can look at the same picture taken with a non-Zuiko and a Zuiko lens
> side-by-side?  What are your experiences?

I am probably not the right one to give you an answer that fully satisfy you,
as I only own Zuikos.
I have nine different Zuikos, from 35/2.8 up to 400/6.3, and *I* just think
they are the best to get! (Here I do have limited knowledge as I have not even
tried other brands.)
A Zuiko really feels good quality, they look good, they are pretty small and
light (there are exceptions of course) and the picture quality are good.
Or perhaps I should put it this way: I am *very* happy with my lenses and would
not even think of getting other brands.

If they are worth the extra money? I think so, but then again - my knowledge in
this is limited. However, I do think they could be a little cheaper though.

If you go for Zuiko you will be hooked like many of us. You will see... ;-)

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen