Re: Re: [OM] Lens fungus and coming in from the cold

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Lens fungus and coming in from the cold
From: GAPiccagli@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 15:13:21 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/99 7:49:59 AM, sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

<<Placing the stuff in large Ziplock baggies when you come in out of the
cold (things in a zipped camera bag I imagine would retain their
temp longer and not suffer the effects of condensation as much)
is probably a good idea. >>

Hello all,

Been lurking for a while, enjoying all the comments.

Not sure, but I believe it would be better to place cold equipment ina
ziplock bag prior to coming in from the cold, not after. This way the warm
air would condense on the bag and not the surface of the equipment.

Those who have clear interest in this would find a piece on it in the Time
Life book series on photography from many years ago -- I think the volume was
titled Special Problems.

Giorgio