Re: [OM] 300mm f4.5 multicoated examples: reflect green?

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm f4.5 multicoated examples: reflect green?
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 15:32:52 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx <Pauls0627@xxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 2:21 PM

>In a message dated 5/7/99 3:09:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx
>writes:
>
>> Wouldn't it be nice if someone with access to lots of Zuikos would try to
>>  narrow down the serial number range on each where the transition to MC
>>  occurred.......(hint, hint)
>
>This has been done already. The results are posted at Lee Hawkin's sight,
at
>http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/mc-sc.survey

Taking sight of this site I think that there are wholesale gaps in the
sequence of serial numbers and wonder if Hawkins' list is just a collection
of serial numbers of which he is familiar or which have been provided to
him. It would seem to me that at some point in time in the manufacturing of
each lens that the coating changed from SC to MC and stayed at MC
thereafter. Why would Olympus want to swap back and forth between SC and MC
on any particular line of lens?

jh