[OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?

Subject: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:12:03 -0400
Thanks to Tim Hughes and Paul Schings for pointing out that I obviously
hadn't fully engaged the brain before responding on teleconverters.  I
had clearly not stopped to think about full aperture metering.  Clearly,
the camera has to know something about what's going on out front.

Apart from the pin to stop the lens down to taking aperture, there is
only one other pin.  It doesn't matter whether the lens aperture range
is from 1.4-16 or 5-32; that pin seems to move through the same total
arc when shifting any lens through its full aperture range.  Much to my
greater surprise, my T-mount (which I thought was 1000assive) also
moves the aperture pin all the way to "I'm wide open".

I guess I have to go with Paul's statement of relative aperture but I'm
not comfortable yet that I really understand the mechanism.

Chuck Norcutt