Re: [OM] In praise of 50mm (was 50/1.8 as loupe)

Subject: Re: [OM] In praise of 50mm (was 50/1.8 as loupe)
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 13:38:02 +0000
Morgan Sparks wrote:

>I don't understand why the normal focal length is so derided in the
>small format, but is so often tool of choice in larger ones.

Agreed.  It fills a number of roles IMHO - such as full-length and close
portraits, still life, landscape without shrinking distant subjects, it's
usually the fastest lens in the range, close-up ability with tubes....  I
wouldn't be without mine.  Of course, YMMV, but don't knock it 'til you've
tried it.

Simon E.