Re: [OM] No OM or Re: Nat Geo reference in this one

Subject: Re: [OM] No OM or Re: Nat Geo reference in this one
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 17:45:28 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 22 May 1999, George M. Anderson wrote:

>Acer Victoria wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>> Abbey Road? Beatle's?
>
>All right, we have a winner!  Nothing gets past these young
>Whippersnappers forever! :>)
>
>What do we have for him Johnny?
>
>OOOh great! A trip on a "Yellow Submarine"to "Abbey Road" where he may
>have "A Hard Day's Night" but he can get some "Help" from "Sgt Pepper's
>Lonely Hearts Club Band" and he'll be able to "Let it Be" and learn that
>"Rubber Soul" can be earned, black or "White" when you're on a "Magical
>Mystery Tour" both "Yesterday and Today".
        Yes, it now makes sense, that allusion to four people in the
middle of a cross walk, mop-top and all :-)

>Oh and in case he doesn't see that these contain the **real** ballads,
>poetry, harmony, political edginess and originality that set the stage
>for the immitators who followed,  we'll provide him with a "Revolver" so
>that he can knock some sense into his head!
        Uh, to each his own, then; or, whatever tickles your shutterfingre
;-). No doubt they were the first in almost everything, but they're not my
cup of tea. See pl.html for more. 'Bout the only songs I like by them are
/PS I love you/ /Twist and shout/ /8 days a week/ and some others.
        However, if you've not given Def Leppard a shot, I suggest you do.
They are fantastic balladeers, and if you or anyone would like to get a
list of what the songs are, I'd be happy to do so offlist (as this is
already far offtopic).

>:>) :>) All in fun, Acer.
        Of course :-)...and my name is Siddiq. Acer Victoria is my Latin
nickname from my time in Latin/Academic Decathlon. "Energetic (or hyper)
in Victory" is a rough translation.
/S

--
[Def siglines snpped for obvious reasons--will be replaced by lyrics from
othere songs, perhaps something not as 'hard rock' as DL ;-)]