[OM] focal point on 24mm f2.8

Subject: [OM] focal point on 24mm f2.8
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 11:19:31 -0700
>From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
>
>Does any one know exactly the center focal point of a 24mm f2.8...

>...  Accoriding to Apple's vr video you  are susposed to be able
>to tell by lining up objects in view and seeing where this point is...
>but I'm going for perfection here...

I think the parallax method is as good as any. The 24/2.8 in particular is
rather easy to set this way, unlike some longer lenses. What are you hoping
to gain with a "perfect" setting?

Keep in mind that the nodal point is going to change slightly with changes
in focus -- oh no, there goes your perfection! :-)

I posted a list of nodal points for various OM lenses a while back. If you
can't find it in the archives, I can try to look it up, but I got the
measurments by doing the nodal alignment optically, then looking at the
scale on the Kaidan tripod head.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229