Re: [OM] Flassh, batteries power, ect.

Subject: Re: [OM] Flassh, batteries power, ect.
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:25:21 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 07:30:26 EDT, Pauls0627@xxxxxxx wrote:

>In a message dated 6/16/99 1:20:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> T32, yes.  T20, I don't think so because the Quantum batteries lowest
>>  voltage is 6v and the T20 only uses 2 AA cells for 3v.
>
>Interesting. I thought the batteries connected to the three prong connector
>at the front of the flash, like the bounce grip. I assumed that since both
>the T20 and T32 work on the grip they would both take the battery.
>
>So how does the Quantum hook up? Through the battery compartment?
>
>Paul Schings
>Coventry, Rhode Island USA

Yes, Paul, the Quantum 1 is hooked up through the battery compartment.
a special adapter (with two connectors shaped like an AA battery) is
used for that.

Quantum also makes the so called Turbo Pack, which delivers its energy
to the T-series flashes through the triple prong connector. This is
high voltage (similar to that coming from the AC adapters). Another
special adapter is needed here. These Turbo Packs allow for the
shortest recycling times. Olympus recommends them for use with the
T-45, for which the rechargeable batteries are no longer sold.
But they are much more expensive than the Quantum 1...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.