Re: [OM] Re: Bounce Grip 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Bounce Grip 2
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:03:55 -0400
wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Wil it harm to mix normal and NiCd batteries?
> Wille it harm to mix fully charged and usen NiCd's?
>
> Wiliam Wagenaar
> Middelburg, the Netherlands

I just got back from a week's absence so please excuse me if this reply
is redundant......

Yes.   By "Normal" cells I assume you mean alkalines.  These are 1.5V
while NiCads are 1.2V.  When they become depleted the alkalines will
still have a higher voltage.  The NiCads will get below the 1.0V level
that is generally where they need to be recharged and may reverse their
polarity.

NEVER mix any different cell/battery types!  Use all NiCad, all
Alkaline, all NiMH.  NEVER mix them.

Most chargers for AA size cells charge four cells at a time.  Most flash
units use four AA cells.  So I use permanent felt tip markers of
different colors to identify the rechargeable sets.  I have four plain,
four red, and four violet.

Bob
--
                   //////